Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Two New Layouts by Kim Price

Hello everyone, it's Kim here today and I have a couple of new projects to share featuring some of my favourite Blue Fern Studios products.









My first project is a dimensional layout created for a frame to be hung on the wall. I've used patterned papers from Montage - this collection truly takes my breath away every time I create with it - and some stunning chipboard pieces to showcase this photograph of a friend's daughters.










I've used the largest clockface piece from the Large Roman Clock Set which really set the scene for the rest of the layout. I simply gave this piece a coat of gesso then added some color with an off white shade of acrylic paint and added some watercolor in a shade to coordinate with Montage. The final touch was to add some chalk to give it a real vintage feel.










Adding the chipboard clockface to my custom made background I then went ahead and cut out some of the designs from my Montage patterned papers layering them up with some dimensional dots along with a few of the pieces from the Cogs & Gears set and lots of flowers. The two large butterfly images are photographs from my personal collection. Because this piece is intended to be hung on the wall I have chosen not to give it a title but to instead let the project speak for itself.









For my second project today I've created layout featuring the Sanctuary collection. The soft muted colors in Sanctuary remind me so much of time spent with nature and I've used a favorite snapshot of the girls taken when we were on a bushwalk in Australia and came across an unexpected waterfall.








I started out with a torn and tattered sheet of Meadows Of Time patterned paper, layering it over the dark side of Bountiful patterned paper and adding the fussy cut birds image from Birdsong Melody.








I've then give the largest piece from Mesh Bits, two Berry Stems and the "joy" sentiment from the Good Vibes pack a coat of gesso allowing them to thoroughly dry. A touch of watercolor really takes chipboard to a whole new level and I'm really loving how the Berry Stems have turned out using this method.








To help the "joy" sentiment stand out from the rest of my layout I've highlighted each letter using a fine black Sharpie, added some sweet little flower blooms and a scattering of sequins to finish off.







Thanks for calling in today, I hope you have enjoyed my projects for March and I look forward to calling in again next month.





5 comments:

  1. Love both,project and LO,Both Gorgeous! 100% inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both layouts are just beautiful. The colors, elements and texture all add to their perfection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. Thanks for sharing your talent and projects.

    ReplyDelete