Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January Projects with Bec - with video tutorial

Hi, I'm so excited to bring you my first DT post for Blue Fern Studios. 

Here is a little bit about myself

Hi, I’m Bec. I'm originally from New Zealand but I now live in Brisbane Australia with my Husband and Daughter. During the week I work as a Chemist, but every other spare minute I spend in my craft space.
I started scrapbooking after my Daughter was born in 2006 and I have just become more obsessed every year. In the last couple of years I have found mixed media scrapbooking and that has become my new passion. I also love to make altered art creations, canvases and card/tags. My scrap style is girly, I have to add flowers and pearls to everything 
I’m very grateful to be on some wonderful design teams and get to spend my weekend doing what I love. 
Joining the Blue Fern Studio team and creating with their amazing products is a dream come true :)

You can find me on:

To start off this month I even have a video tutorial for you, this is a layout using the Love Story Collection. 

Amazing


Here is my video - Enjoy


And my close ups




Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Papers: Love Story Collection - The Grand Ball, True Harmony, and Calling Cards
Chipboard - Beaded Strings, Floral Lattice Bits, Vintage Keys, and  Brilliant Amazing Dazzling pack.
Glitter - Pyrite
Embossing Powder - Honey and Petal
Stamps - Essential Textures and Postal Textures


Sweet

Next up I have a layout created using the January Sketch

Here is this months sketch, there is still lots of time to get your entries in for this.


I used the Autumn Anthology collection for this layout.  
I started the layout by using the Stamps Weathered Doilies and Brocade Texture with embossing ink and the embossing powders in Honey and Bonny Blue.  


I added my colour with mists and then some modelling paste through a stencil to give the background more texture. 


The chipboard pieces Flutter Medley and Arrow Word are coloured with the embossing powders - Bonny Blue, Petal, Oatmeal and Honey. I coloured the Floral Lattice pieces with peach mica powder.


I cut several pieces of the Autumn Anthology paper to layer under my photo, I distressed all the edges and added brown ink to give a shabby look.


Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Papers: Autumn Anthology Collection - Robin and Le Ballon
Chipboard: Arrow Words, Floral Lattice Bits, and Flutter Medley
Embossing Powder: Bonny Blue, Petal, Oatmeal, and Honey
Stamps: Postal Texture, Brocade Texture, and Weathered Doilies. 

Thanks for joining me today - see you next time

Bec

5 comments:

  1. I love your style Bec!! Awesome projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and so sweet! I too love your style! Such wonderful 1st projects~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are wonderful, gorgeous and elegant - and I very much enjoyed watching your video. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.. So Beautiful and romantic pages!! I love them.. So happy to be with you in the team :) Gorgeous work Bec! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layouts! Love the background with the misting and texture paste.

    ReplyDelete