Saturday, April 16, 2016

April Creations From Maja

Hello everyone, welcome to the Blue Fern Studios blog today!

I have a couple of projects to share, I hope you'd find them inspiring :-)
Let me start with a wedding card I created using the Serendipity collection.



I used some left-overs from my previous projects and created a layered background - I mounted the pieces on 3D dots as I love dimension:


I wrapped one of the pieces in white lace - it looks like a bride's veil ;-) and also adds lightness and elegance:


For the central element I used the gorgeous Frills Panel that I heat-embossed with Oatmeal ep and then added some pastel flowers selected from the Serendipity flower sets. I also added string bows and decorative studs to complete my design:



Wedding Card:
Papers: Serendipity: Anticipation, Contemplation, Inspiration
Chipboard: Frills Panel
EP: Oatmeal
Flowers: Courtship Roses, Courtship Blooms


Another card I made is a more universal card withe the sentiment stamp that says "Best wishes".



For this one I used the lilac papers from the Courtship Lane collection for my background. I layered them and distressed:



The chipboard piece I used for this card is the beautiful Township Collage. I sprayed it white to keep the silhouette look and used it as a guide to place the flowers and butterflies:



As the finishing touch I splashed some golden mist over the background and added some liquid pearls here and there:



Best Wishes:
Papers: Courtship Lane: Main Street, East Plaza; Frolic: Dans Le Jardin
Chipboard: Township Collage
Flowers: Courtship Roses


Time to take to some larger projects :-) Here's the layout I created for our April sketch challenge (have you participated yet? ;-)). I chose a marine theme for my page that features the photo of my boys on one of our sailing trips:


I like to follow sketches quite faithfully, not just use them as general inspiration. And so I tried to recreate the layers and elements included in the sketch, even the quotation tag is the same ;-) I added some stamping in the background:


The swirl in the sketch reminded me of sea waves, and so I used the Circle Groups piece, heat-embossed with Breeze and Oatmeal eps. I also embossed the title word, using Breeze and Ginger eps.


For my flower cluster I used some mulberry flowers as well as real seashells :-)



Anticipation:
Papers: Serendipity: Anticipation, Contemplation, Reminisce, Calling Cards
Chipboard: Circle Groups, Serendipity Words 1
Stamps: Journey, Essential Textures
EP: Breeze, Oatmeal, Ginger


And last but not least, a home decor piece I created based upon one of my favourite BFS panels, the Shabby Brick Panel:


I used my favourite colour combo of golden cream, light turgouise and gold colour palette, selecting some papers from the Blush collection:


Among many layers matting the photo I placed the beautiful Swan Gate chipboard that I embossed using the Ginger and Sea Mist eps.


...and the smallest piece from the Roman Clock Set Large. I embossed the outer frame with Ginger and the clockface with Oatmeal eps.


The title piece is the beautiful Family piece:


This projects could be put in frames, but can also be hung directly on the wall :-)


Family:
Papers: Blush: Charmed, Fondness, Key to My Heart
Chipboard: Shabby Brick Panel,Roman Clock Set Large, Swan Gate, Family
EP: Sea Mist, Ginger, Oatmeal
Stamps: Forever
Flowers: Courtship Blooms


That's all for today, thank you for visiting and see you later! :-)
Maja

2 comments: