Monday, April 11, 2016

From Romance To Grunge by Nicole Doiron


It's me Nicole and I am thrilled to be back with you to share some of my creations.
I have 3 layouts to show you today, going from romance to more romance to grunge!

Let's start with this one... soft and elegant.... using the Courtship Lane collection.


I stamped some of the tiny dot stamp from the Halftones set and
used Imagine Ink Snow embossing powder to add texture to my background.

It's no surprise that one of my favorite themes to scrap is love. And so this title Amour from the French Words set, was perfect for this picture of me and my man!


The majestic chipboard piece below is French Ironwork.  I covered it, as I did to the title, with Mystic Plum embossing powder, then frosted it with a little white.


The smaller flowers used are from the brand new BFS Courtship Roses and Blooms set.  They're beautiful!


Bordering the photo is one of the Leafy Page Accents. and some fussy cut flowers.


Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
Paper: Courtship Lane (Lover's Lane, Bourbon Avenue, East Plaza, Calling Cards)
Chipboard: French Ironwork, French Words, Leafy Page Accents 
Stamp: Halftones
Imagine Ink Embossing Powder: Mystic Plum, Snow
Flowers: Courtship Roses, Courtship Blooms

***

My second layout is quite similar in style to the first one .


I chose a combination of papers from the Sanctuary, Love Story and Frolic collections.
That is just one of the many things I love about Blue Fern Studios papers... no matter the collection, they are all so versatile and work together very well!

Creating part of my title is the word 'Happy' from the Optimist Word Set... I simply painted it red.
Then, dangling from the bottom of my picture is the Mini Frame Dangle which I cut in two pieces and covered with Imagine Ink Oatmeal embossing powder and white paint.  In the frame, I put a piece of red Frolic paper and added some Fire Engine glitter to give it a little sparkle.


The other piece of the Mini Frame Dangle I used on the left side of my page as a flourish sneaking up from the mini prints.  You can see glimpses of Garden Frolic stamp on my background.


Included in my flower clusters are the beige Courtship Blooms.  I sprinkled some more Fire Engine glitter in and about the flowers.


And last but not least, you can see some Frolic Mesh treated with Ebony embossing powder.
The picture is of Yves and I on one of our very first dates, which was already 10 years ago!


Blue Fern Studios supply list:
Paper: Sanctuary (Birdsong Melody, Calling Cards)
Love Story (True Harmony)
Frolic (Calling Cards)
Chipboard: Optimist Word Set, Frolic Mesh, Mini Frame Dangle
Stamp: Garden Frolic
Imagine Ink Embossing Powder: Oatmeal, Ebony / Glitter: Fire Engine
Flowers: Courtship Blooms

***

Now let's get down to the grunge part of this reveal!


This last layout today was inspired by the Blue Fern Studios April Sketch!


Ever since I started designing for Blue Fern Studios, I have been holding on to these particular chipboard pieces and was so anticipating creating the perfect boy layout.  I'm not sure if this layout is anywhere near perfect, but I have to say that I really love the way it turned out.

I started off a background paper from the Love Story collection and then covered it with blue and black mists as well as dabs of metallic blue paint and splatters of white.  I also did some black stamping using the Journey and Texture Set One. You can see here the title Boy Meets World which I embossed in Cerulean Imagine Ink embossing powder and lightly dabbed with more blue metallic paint.


For sure two of my favorite BFS chipboard pieces are the Techno-scape and Working Parts!  I love anything grunge and steampunk even though not my usual style.  On these pieces, I used Icicle embossing powder and then added some light dabs of blue.


Other chipboard used are two circle arrows from the Directions set, embossing with Ebony.


This gorgeous little boy is Tristan, my friend's son.


Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
Paper: Love Story (The Grand Ball)
Chipboard: Boy Meets World, Directions, Techno-scape, Working Parts
Imagine Ink Embossing Powder: Cerulean, Ebony, Icicle
Stamp: Journey, Texture Set One

Hope you enjoy! 
I would love to read your feedback in the comments!

1 comment: